FC NOVA AND BOISE NATIONALS TIMBERS
ARE HOSTING A JOINT AUCTION GALA TO CELEBRATE
“ONE COMMUNITY—ONE CLUB” AT THE
WORLD CUP MARDI GRAS DINNER AND AUCTION
THE GROVE HOTEL BALLROOM—APRIL 14
Time: 5 – 11 p.m.
The joint auction committee is eagerly preparing for this year’s major FUNdraising & social event, World Cup Mardi Gras Gala Dinner & Auction on Saturday, April 14 at The Grove Hotel Ballroom from 5-11 pm. This event recognizes and honors our graduating seniors, raises funds to help defray club assessments and expenses, helps provide scholarships for players who may not be able to play without this financial support; scholarships benefit all FCN and BNT players either directly or indirectly; eventually, allows FCN and BNT to establish a fund that can be used to purchase our own goals and fields. We need EVERY FCN and BNT team to do just a few things to help. Click on this link to access tickets, make donations, or bid online: Boise Timbers | Thorns FC – World Cup Mardi Gras Auction Gala Link.
Here’s a quick summary of how your team can help:
- Buy tickets and attend the event. It really IS a great time and it brings us together. If you have enough parents, buy a team table! Individual tickets: $35; Team Table $300 ($5 savings per person).
- Buy additional tickets to the event. To donate a ticket for a coach, you can choose “3-Person Feed a Coach” for $99 or “Feed a Coach” for $30. Find these under “Tickets”.
- Donate cash or items to your team’s auction basket or “cash” basket at the OnLine Auction link. Each basket should be worth at least $250. The easiest thing to do is have team parents contribute money – a simple cash donation to the club with no additional purchasing or basket assembly required. If most families contribute $15-$20 you should get to the $250. Plus, cash donations are tax deductible! Some teams prefer to get items donated by businesses and put together an actual themed basket to auction off. Popular items for baskets include gift cards, mom spa baskets, dad sports baskets, or wine/beer growler baskets. If you need additional ideas, please email Molly Harder at [email protected]. Donations can be made on the website also! Deadline to donate themed baskets is April 1.
- Get each of your players to sell 20 (or more) raffle tickets. Each player gets $1 per ticket sold put into their team travel account with the balance going to the scholarship fund and to buy raffle prizes. We draw the winner at the World Cup Mardi Gras dinner on April 14. The player who sells the most tickets gets $500 off club dues or a tablet! If you need raffle tickets, please email Tonya Thomas at [email protected]. Tickets are due by April 4. Tickets are ineligible to win after this date.
- Ask your team parents to donate vacation homes, gift cards, services, tickets to events, etc. to the silent and live auctions. They can donate items through the website. This is a great way to help the club and promote your (or a friend’s) business too! Auction donation deadline is April 4.
- Donate a dessert to the dessert auction. These can be homemade or purchased, and during the event tables will get together to purchase a yummy dessert. The money from this part of the auction goes directly into the team accounts! Please contact Julie McCandless at [email protected] if you would like to participate.
Thanks to all the FCN and BNT families, team managers, treasurers, fundraising coordinators, and local businesses for working to make this fundraiser a success. We really appreciate all that you do!
Barb Egland and the World Cup Mardi Gras Dinner & Auction Committee
[email protected] or 208-850-2844; 208-342-2249