Bill Taylor, IYSA President and BNT 2003 Boys coach, has put in many hours working with the Boise Hawks organization to bring a United States Soccer League (USL) pro team and multi-purpose sports stadium to downtown Boise, proposed location corner of Americana Blvd & Shoreline Dr.
Phase 1 of the project is complete and the feasibility study is very positive. Phase 2 is public support and financial outlay from the City Council, GBAD, and CCDC (bonds and money basically). The City Council is in favor of the project…however, there is a small minority of people who are fighting it, and we can’t let their voices overshadow the HUGE demand we have in our valley for pro soccer.
BNT is asking all coaches, players and parents to SHOW YOUR SOCCER SUPPORT!
- ATTEND 1 OF 3 OPEN HOUSE EVENTS the City of Boise is having about the Stadium project. Learn more about the project and share your feedback on the proposed Boise Sports Park and surrounding development. Listed here are the dates, times and locations of the open houses. It will not take long to attend these meetings (about 30 minutes) and it will show tremendous support for the project. Players, wear your uniforms as there will be TV and newspaper crews present. Be vocal and fill out the survey/comment forms they will have available
October 5, 2017 at Boise Centre West from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. completed October 10, 2017 at Payette Brewing from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. completed
October 16, 2017 at Boise City Hall from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- SUBMIT COMMENTS – coaches, parents, players, grandparents, friends, etc. go online for additional information and to PROVIDE COMMENTS https://www.cityofboise.org/boisesportspark/
**Please note if you want your feedback to be considered by stakeholders and Boise City Council, you must provide comments through this link and city website. Social media comments will not be included in the public record.
Listed below are several reasons you can provide that show support.
- Downtown location
- Stadium design is key for fan experience
- Near Boise river is a great thing
- Bikeable, walkable, easy access from freeway
- Soccer is fastest growing sport in Idaho
- Local, state, and regional tournaments can be held there
- Exposure to pro academies makes for stronger system locally and gives our kids more opportunities at college scholarships because of elevation in level of play.
Again, it is important for the soccer community to UNITE and SHOW SUPPORT by attending an open house event and answering the survey. It is vital to the soccer community to have a pro soccer team here in our valley. This will provide a consistent opportunity to watch USL games and other pro “friendlies”.
Please don’t ignore this! Let’s be UNIFIED as a strong soccer community and get this across the finish line and drown out any negative voices that might try to creep into the conversation.